I love it each time a new season is ushered in. Fall is on its way, and I am excited. One of my favorite things about fall is the smells. It smells of musty leaves and smoke. I also love it later in October and November when it gets a little chillier and I go outside on a brisk morning and take a deep breath. The icy chill goes right through my lungs almost to the bones and makes me feel great to be alive.
It also has the feeling that play-time is over, which I surprisingly enjoy because I like to learn and Fall reminds me of going back to school; and now it seems to be the time when work picks up which is nice. I also love the changing colors of the trees, seeing my breath in the air on my walk to work in the morning, and the anticipation that Christmas is getting closer.
The only thing I miss is being on a college campus, because when there is a Saturday football game in town there is really no atmosphere quite like it. I will also miss the Feast of the Hunter's Moon this year as well to another conflict; it was one of my favorite things each year growing up in West Lafayette (although I never really made it every year then either). But, this is going to be a good Fall, I can tell.
Random Wikipedia searches today:
Marzipan
Wales
So far in July
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment