Friday, October 3, 2008

Wheel of Time

I have recently started to reread the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. These are some of my favorite books and the ones that got me interested in fantasy.

One thing I love about the books is the constant shifting of the point of view. The story is through the thoughts and eyes of the different characters, and this gives the reader the chance to see how different events and actions are seen by different characters.

What always strikes me is how narrow-minded many of the characters are. They often interpret events in a very self-centered manner, and often based on their own prejudices. Each time I see this it reminds me that I need to be more open-minded. That things that affect me are not necessarily done with intent to injure me or hurt me, that maybe they just occur for some other reason, and I'm just swept up because of my proximety to what's occuring.

Anyway, I'm only in the 3rd book, but its a fun read again, and I regret putting it off for so long to reread them all.

Random Wikipedia search:
Papa Doc

No comments: