As some of you know, I have been conducting an informal survey to determine the best apple for eating. While there were lots of good contestants, one eventually stood out.
I asked around for ideas from others, and Honeycrisp gathered a lot of support. And I did try many good Honeycrisp apples, which came in second overall. I also tried Ambrosia apples which were pretty good, although they didn't last long in season and I only saw them one place. Braeburn were ok, as were Fuji. I wasn't a fan of Jonathan. Granny Smith are by far the best, and the only ones I use, for cooking, but they sometimes give me a stomachache when eating.
Which leaves Gala. They had the best texture of any apples, and were sweet without being too sweet.
And there you have it.
Random Wikipedia search:
James Caan
So far in July
13 years ago
4 comments:
Gala were my favorite, until I tried honeycrisp this year...so I have to disagree with you.
Mmmmmm.. Galas are definitely delightful, the overall classic apple for sure. Though, currently, I'm going through a Macintosh phase. I like that they're just a little tart... mmmmmmmm
My favorite apple currently would have to be a Pink Lady
I haven't tried pink ladies, but I'll keep an eye out for them, as well as any other that look good.
Post a Comment