Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Tree

Well, inspired by Serena, I decided I should post some pictures of my Christmas tree too.

I finally got a tree topper this weekend. I haven't had one until this year. I remember we used to have this blue one on our trees when I was little, but I never knew what happened to it. I got a similar style for mine, but this one is reddish/purple with some silver scrollwork on it.











Most people who know me well, especially around Christmas time, know my love of Christmas ornaments. Here is a closeup of a few.

I will collect any ornament I think is cool, but there are several themes. I collect a lot of different birds - cardinals and flamingos are my favorites (although I don't have a lot of flamingos yet). I also collect a lot of fairy and angel ornaments - maybe I just like flying things.

I also collect a lot of fruit and vegetable ornaments too. You can kind of see the eggplant ornament in this photo.

Last year, I decided to collect the 12 days of christmas in ornaments. The above picture shows one of my 9 ladies dancing (the ballerina) and one of the 12 drummers drumming (you may not be able to see, but the tiny angel is playing a drum).

If anyone wants to help me, I have the hardest time finding the maids a milking and lords a leaping. I have 1 of each, but only 1. (maybe 2 lords) I am also looking for ideas for the golden rings. Geese are suprisingly hard to find too, since I can find almost every other kind of bird.

Anyway, I'm thinking I may start branching out to other decorations. It would be fun to get a train set up. Or other decorations around the house for future years. I have never really put lights up. I usually get a poinsettia or two - I love them - and I got a wreath last year. I think I want to wait until I have a house of my own though. Well see.

Random Wikipedia searches:

  • Bonnie Prince Charlie
  • The Kirk
  • Francis Hutcheson

2 comments:

m and a said...

Your tree looks beautiful...mine is missing most of the ornaments from the bottom half. I know I hung them up?

Zac said...

Thanks! I like having the bay window in the front to set it up in, it reflects well off the windows at night and you can see it from down the street.

In fairness though, I don't have to worry about putting ornaments I don't want to lose or break on the lower half due to three pairs of small hands.