Monday, December 1, 2008

Restaurants

I think one of the biggest ways people who live in Chicago are spoiled is the wonderful restaurants. Whenever I visit home, whenever we go out to eat, most of the restaurants I went to growing up just aren't as good as I remember them.

This thought came to me when I was dragged to a Chinese Buffet back in Lafayette over Thanksgiving weekend. While the restaurant used to be better, it just wasn't very good and all I could think about were two better Chinese Restaurants and four better Thai restaurants I knew of in Chicago.

Pizza is similar, although we ordered from a different restaurant the last couple of times instead of Papa Johns. The place we ordered from was pretty good, but there are 3 different pizza places I order from here, depending on whether I want thin crust, pan crust, or stuffed.

That and there are wonderful Italian places everywhere, and I've been to several good Greek places. And I really don't go out looking for new places very often, but there are a lot of places I want to try.

Maybe I'm just being a little snobbish about all this. :)

Random Wikipedia Search:
Meme

6 comments:

m and a said...

sad thing is...I didn't think that was too bad for chinese (then again I'd rather have a menu than a buffett anyday). I guess I'll have to visit Chicago more. but, we are closer now. You've got me wanting Greek now.

Audrey Grisham said...

I still want Chinese... I think you guys owe me!

Zac said...

I agree, Miranda, that at Chinese places that ordering off the menu is usually better than buffet.

misskate said...

Haha.. I feel the same way when I visit my folks in Wisconsin. The food there is ok.. but there are tons more places here that are better or that I'd like to try

Serena said...

Thanks Zac, now you have me wanting Chinese from my favorite place in Chicago (mt. Prospect whatever). Even out here in LA I haven't been able to find places like those in Chicago. Although the sushi is some of the best stuff I have had.

Zac said...

When you're in Chicago again, I'll have to take you to Vong's Thai Kitchen downtown.

I still haven't been to Chinatown though to check out restaurants there, although Audrey got lost there once.